Regular School Board Meeting
Comfrey Public School
January 26, 2015
- Members Present: Schumacher, Samuelson, Meyer, Nachreiner, Toll, Peterson, Supt. Hutchison.
- Members Absent: None.
- Also Present: I. Wielenberg, T. Holub, A. Taubert.
- Chair Schumacher called the meeting to order at 7:35 pm.
- Recognition of Donations: $1,000 from the Darfur Sportsman’s Club for the Music Dept.; and $20.00 in memory of Richard Pidde for athletic field concession building.
- Consent Agenda:
- Add to agenda 7.8, 7.9 and 7.10.
- Bills in the amount of $38,016.07 and payroll $139,121.15 for January.
- Minutes of December 15, 2014 regular meeting: Motion to approve Meyer/Samuelson. M/C
- Approval of T & C Service Center Bill: Approve bill in the amount of $774.67 by Nachreiner, Peterson. Abstain by Toll. M/C
- Public Forum: N/A
- Accept bid for red van: Motion to approve $1,175.00 bid by Eugene Ranweiler. Meyer, Samuelson. M/C 6 sealed bids were submitted and opened at meeting.
- 2014-2015 Budget Revision: $2,224,307.00 was approved as presented Meyer, Samuelson. M/C
- Set time for budget work session: Motion to set Thursday, March 5, 2015 at 7:00 pm Nachreiner, Meyer. M/C
- Initial revenue for 2014-2015: Presented by Superintendent Hutchison.
- Approve signature for safety deposit box at Choice Financial: Motion to approve Kirsten Hutchison by Meyer, Peterson. M/C
- Approve relocation of fuel tank: Motion to have Crystal Valley remove tank. Samuelson, Nachreiner. M/C
- Approve Laural Koenig as library committee member: Motion to approve Laural Koenig as library committee member. Meyer, Nachreiner. M/C
- Report on MSBA Convention: Peterson and Samuelson gave reports on the sessions they attended at the Convention.
- Resolution authorizing the dissolution of the Red Rock Ridge Learning Center and termination of the joint powers agreement: Meyer introduced the resolution and moved its adoption. The motion was seconded by Samuelson and the following voted in favor: Schumacher, Toll, Peterson, Nachreiner, Meyer and Samuelson. The following voted against: none. The resolution was duly noted and passed.
- Compensation for Supt. Hutchison: Motion was made to discuss compensation. Samuelson, Toll. Motion was then made to compensate Supt. Hutchison for 10 additional days per contract at $311.00 per day. Meyer, Peterson. M/C
- Budget work session readdressed: Date changed to March 12, 2015.
- Superintendent’s Review: Motion was made to close the meeting next month to do review with Supt. Hutchison. Pederson, Samuelson. M/C
- Proclamation on Paraprofessional Recognition Week.
Motion to adjourn at 8:45 p.m.
- Negotiations: No meeting.
- Meet and Confer: No meeting.
- Community Ed: Drivers training fees are increasing to $140.00 for classroom and $180.00 for behind-the-wheel for students attending Comfrey and $230.00 for students not attending Comfrey.
- Pairing and Sharing: No meeting.
- Harold Anderson: No meeting.
- Appeals: No meeting.
- Library: Laural Koenig will be school representative.
- Academic and Curriculum: No meeting.
- Policy: No meeting.
- Buildings and Grounds: No meeting.
Respectfully submitted by:
Loren Schumacher, Chair Andrea Toll, Clerk