Regular School Board Meeting
Comfrey Public School
April 20, 2015
- Members Present: Schumacher, Meyer, Nachreiner, Toll, Peterson, Samuelson, and Superintendent Hutchison.
- Members Absent: None.
- Also Present: D. Krueger, T. Holub.
- Chair Schumacher called the meeting to order at 7:30 pm.
- Recognition of Donations: $175.00 from Choice Financial for Comm. Ed. summer rec.; $420.00 from Darfur Sportsman’s Club for Trap Shooting Club; and $300.00 in memory of Bob Rathman for the Music Dept.
- Consent Agenda:
- Adjustment to agenda
- Bills in the amount of $65,264.61 and April Payroll of $135,415.36.
- Minutes of March 23, 2015 regular meeting.
- Motion to approve by Samuelson, Toll. M/C
- Approval of T & C Service Center Bill: Bill in the amount of $254.11; Motion to approve Nachreiner, Peterson. Toll abstained. M/C.
- Public Forum: N/A.
- Approval of FLY continuation: Motion to discontinue by Meyer/Nachreiner. M/C
- Approval of Legal Counsel Kevin Rupp for 2015-2016: Motion to approve by Samuelson/Peterson. M/C
Janelle Tews: 80 hours. Motion to approve by Meyer/Pederson. M/C
- Approval of request for extended summer hours:
Donna Krueger: 120 hours. Motion to approve by Pederson/Samuelson. M/C
Tammy Hesse: 18 days. Motion to approve by Samuelson/Nachreiner. M/C
Linda Schwab: 10 days. Motion to approve by Toll/Meyer. M/C
- Designate Identified Official with Authority to authorize user access to MDE secure websites for Comfrey Public School: Motion to approve Kirsten Hutchison by Samuelson/Meyer. M/C
- Approve change for May calendar: Motion to approve last student day as May 14 and last teacher day as May 15 by Pederson/Samuelson. M/C
- Approval of Insurance: The recommendation was made by Superintendent Hutchison to remain with the current insurance provider for the following reasons: Competitive price, convenience of services. Motion to stay with current BC/BS policy by Nachreiner/Pederson. M/C
- Budget update: Superintendent Hutchison shared that in May we will have preliminary 2015-16 budget information and currently we are in line with current budget.
- Closed meeting at 8:10 pm for negotiations discussion. Re-opened at 8:53 pm.
8.0 Administrator’s Report: Superintendent Hutchison reported on the following: Testing is going on right now; garden is planted and apple trees are ordered; Twins game is next week and we need a few more donations; new mural by cafeteria is being worked on; parent survey is going on right now; and next week ACT testing starts.
9.0 Committee Reports
10.0 Motion to adjourn at 9:04 p.m.
- Negotiations: Committee has met once already and has a meeting scheduled for May 6th at 7:30 pm.
- Meet and Confer: Met March 27th. RTI is working well. Teacher feel good about direction we are going; concerned about being able to find subs; excited about Twins game; elementary teachers love the learn pads and in the high school it’s not going as smoothly with the learn pads; teachers are appreciative with administration thinking outside the box.
- Community Ed: Next meeting is scheduled for April 23rd.
- Pairing and Sharing: None.
- Harold Anderson: Met April 9th and set $500.00 as scholarship and another meeting is scheduled for May 6th.
- Appeals: None.
- Library: Next meeting is on Monday, April 27th.
- Academic and Curriculum: Met and went over teacher survey of goals and reviewed goals.
- Policy: None.
- Buildings and Grounds: Gary Poortvliet will do painting of columns on North side of building.
Respectfully submitted by:
Loren Schumacher, Chairman Andrea Toll, Clerk