Regular School Board Meeting
Comfrey Public School
August 17, 2015
Approve Agenda for Aug. 17, 2015.
- Members Present: Samuelson, Schumacher, Meyer, Nachreiner, Toll & Supt. Hutchison.
- Members Absent: Peterson.
- Also Present: Terry Holub and Kris Sellner.
- Chair Schumacher called the meeting to order at 7:30 pm.
- Reading of Comfrey Public School’s Vision and Mission Statement.
- Recognition of Donations: Memory of Dianne Dougherty $25.00 from Gary & Karen Poortvliet.
- Consent Agenda:
Approve bills in the amount of $37,282.22 and Payroll related checks for August 2015 were not available at this time.
Approve Minutes of the July 20, 2015 Regular School Board Meeting.
Motion to approve by Samuelson/Nachreiner. M/C
by Meyer/Samuelson. Abstained: Toll. M/C
- Approval of T & C Service Center Bill: Bill in the amount of $39.59; Motion to approve
Negotiations: Non-certified contract proposed and approved.
- Public Forum: None.
- Second Reading of Gym Use Policy – informational. Will be acted on at next month’s meeting.
- Resolution calling for an Operating Levy Referendum Election. Motion to approve by Meyer/Samuelson. M/C
- Policy 501 School Weapons Policy. Motion to approve by Nachreiner/Toll. M/C
- Policy 421 Gifts to Employees & School Board Members. Motion to approve by Meyer/Nachreiner. M/C
- Policy 419 Tobacco-Free Environment. Motion to approve by Samuelson/Toll. M/C
- Policy 206 Public Participation in School Board Meetings. Motion to approve by Nachreiner/Samuelson. M/C
- Policy 710 Transportation Policy – (first reading).
- Approve non-certified contract. Motion to approve by Toll/Nachreiner. M/C
- Approve Advanced Health, Safety & Security contract for 2015-2016. Motion to approve by Meyer/Samuelson with the stipulation to hold payment until keycard system is installed. M/C
- Adopt 10-Year Facilities Maintenance Plan. Motion to approve by Nachreiner/Meyer. M/C
- Hire Pat Stresemann as a .5 paraprofessional. Motion to approve by Meyer/Toll. M/C
- Administrator’s Report: We have 13 new students enrolled. The building is ready for school to start. Staff is going to Marshall to hear speaker as part of the FLY. Thursday is a workday and Open House.
- Committee Reports:
Meet and Confer: no meeting.
Community Education: all summer activities went well.
Pairing/Sharing: no meeting.
Harold Anderson: no meeting.
Appeals: no meeting.
Library: no meeting.
Academic and Curriculum: no meeting.
Policy: approved updated policies at tonight’s meeting.
Building & Grounds: no meeting.
Respectfully submitted by:
- Motion to adjourn at 8:30 p.m.
Loren Schumacher, Chairman Andrea Toll, Clerk