Regular School Board Meeting
Comfrey Public School
February 23, 2015
- Members Present: Schumacher, Samuelson, Meyer, Peterson, Nachreiner and Superintendent Hutchison.
- Members Absent: Toll.
- Also Present: T. Holub, K. Hillesheim, and J. Tews.
- Chair Schumacher called the meeting to order at 7:30 pm.
- Recognition of Donations: $55.00 in memory of Richard Pidde for athletic field concession stand and north entrance; $75.00 in memory of Joan Eischen for the music dept.; $10.00 in memory of Joan Mathiowetz for the athletic field concession stand; and $200.00 from Brown County Rural Electric Trust for the garden.
- Consent Agenda:
- Adjustment to agenda
- Bills in amount of $74,167.87 and February payroll of $138,461.83.
- Minutes of January 26, 2015 regular meeting;
- Motion to approve by Meyer, Nachreiner. M/C
- Approval of T & C Service Center Bill:
- Approve bill in the amount of $51.48 by Nachreiner, Peterson. M/C
- Public Forum: N/A
- Safe Deposit Box: Motion to put Kris Evers on as a signer. Move appropriate items to safe deposit box. Samuelson, Meyer. M/C
- Approve Revenue & Expenditure budget totals: Revenue: Fund 1- $1,871,288; Fund 2- $86,200; Fund 4- $83,790; and Fund 10- $54,000. Expenditures: Fund 1 -$1,941,906; Fund 2- $126,620; Fund 4- $114,575; and Fund 10- $41,206. Motion to approve Revenue: $2,095,278 and Expenditures: $2,224,307 by Meyer/Peterson. M/C
- Insurance presentation by Karen Hillesheim: Gather more information for the March meeting.
- Approval of Integration Budget: Motion to approve the Integration Budget as presented. Meyer/Nachreiner. M/C
- Approve of Cooperative Agreement with Coop for services: Tabled until March meeting; the Coop will come out and do a presentation.
- Consider changing meeting time for March meeting: Motion to change the March meeting to March 23rd. Peterson, Nachreiner. M/C
- School Security consideration: Motion to approve the keycard system. Meyer, Peterson. M/C
Meeting reopened at 8:50 pm.
Administrator’s Report: Summary on progress of goals.
Motion to adjourn at 9:00 p.m.
- Negotiations: Seminar in Mankato on Feb. 26th – Loren & Kirsten will be attending.
- Meet and Confer: No meeting.
- Community Ed: No meeting.
- Pairing and Sharing: No meeting.
- Harold Anderson: No meeting.
- Appeals: No meeting.
- Library: Darlene Arnsdorf was elected president.
- Academic and Curriculum: No meeting.
- Policy: No meeting.
- Buildings and Grounds: Diesel fuel tank by school building will be removed by the end of the 2014-15 school year.
Respectfully submitted by:
Loren Schumacher, Chair Andrea Toll, Clerk