Regular School Board Meeting
Comfrey Public School
March 23, 2015
Schumacher abstained. Old Business
- Members Present: Schumacher, Samuelson, Meyer, Nachreiner, Toll, Peterson, and Superintendent Hutchison.
- Members Absent: None.
- Also Present: T. Holub, T. Evers, J. Samuelson, N. Nathe, D. Krueger, T. Hesse, M. Palmer, and D. McCarron.
- Chair Schumacher called the meeting to order at 7:30 pm.
- Recognition of Donations: $100.00 in memory of Joan Eischen for Comm. Ed., music dept. and concession stand; $450.00 from Selma Township for the athletic field concession stand; $70.00 from South Point Federal Credit Union for chrome books; and $20.00 from Brad & Jessica Nachreiner towards Scholastic magazines.
- Consent Agenda:
- Adjustment to agenda
- Bills in the amount of $56,499.10 and March Payroll of $135,091.60;
- Minutes of February 23, 2015 regular meeting; and Minutes of the March 10, 2015 budget work session;
- Motion to approve by . M/C
- Approval of T & C Service Center Bill: No current bill to approve.
- Approval of Schumacher Brothers bill: Motion to pay bill by Meyer/Peterson. M/C
- Approve contract for special education services with SW/WC Coop: Motion to approve by Nachreiner/Peterson. Opposed: Meyer. M/C
- Renew insurance: Motion to approve by Samuelson/Meyer. M/C
- Approval of contract with Eide Bailly. Motion to approve by Peterson/Nachreiner. M/C.
- Approve renewing contract for Abbey Taubert: Motion to approve by Meyer/Samuelson. M/C
- Approve renewing contract for Mitchel Savage: Motion to approve by Meyer/Samuelson. M.C.
- Approve renewing contract for Nick Nathe: Motion to approve by Meyer/Samuelson. M/C.
- Approve offering contract to Corrine Hanson: Motion to approve by Meyer/Samuelson. M/C
- Approve continuing contract status for Angela Blair: Motion to approve by Meyer/Samuelson. M/C.
- Approve continuing contract status for Ingrid Wielenberg: Motion to approve by Meyer/Samuelson. M/C.
- Approve assistant track coach Jake Cavanaugh: Motion to approve at a salary of $2,426 by Nachreiner/Peterson. M/C
- Approve Jr. Hi. Baseball coach David Berner: Motion to approve at a salary of $1,224 by Nachreiner/Peterson. M/C.
- Approval of request for senior privileges: Motion to approve by Meyer/Toll. M/C.
Administrator’s Report: Superintendent Hutchison reported on where we are at with school goals; MSHSL Trap Shooting Team started and is sponsored by the Darfur Sportsmens Club with approximately 15 students participating.
- Future of FLY: Information presented by Superintendent Hutchison on collaborative’s plan to apply for another three-year flexible learning year.
- Budget update presented by Superintendent Hutchison.
- Summary of the closed meeting presented by Superintendent Hutchison.
Motion to adjourn the meeting at 8:46 p.m.
- Negotiations: will have a meeting in April.
- Meet and Confer: No meeting.
- Community Ed: No meeting.
- Pairing and Sharing: No meeting.
- Harold Anderson: Meeting in April.
- Appeals: No meeting.
- Library: No meeting.
- Academic and Curriculum: Meeting in April.
- Policy: Meeting in April.
- Buildings and Grounds: No meeting.
Respectfully submitted by:
Loren Schumacher, Chair Andrea Toll, Clerk